Last week, I was giving a presentation to other mental health professionals when the talk turned to unmet emotional needs.
This is the kind of thing we therapists tend to discuss when we get together. That, and reality TV shows. Or maybe that’s just me.
Unmet emotional needs are often unconscious, and they cause all sorts of havoc in our lives. Mostly they tend to control our behavior. Come to think of it, they may even lead to agreeing to be on TV… But I digress.
It struck me that choosing the wrong person to date (or marry) can spring directly from unmet emotional needs. So I decided to write about it. Please let me know what you think.
The post is here: Why You Keep Picking the Wrong Partner | Psychology Today
Photo courtesy of nuttakit at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017