Work & Life
Over the years, books like Adam Grant’s Give and Take have popularized the idea that you can get ahead in business by putting other people first. According to this wisdom, rather than looking out for Number One all the time, success-seekers should give their time and attention to others while expecting nothing in return. This … Read more
This post was inspired by this recent video from Marie Forleo, whom I appreciate and admire. It touches on the concepts of life purpose, service, and meaning. A fan had written to Marie to ask how she could make sure her personal fulfillment didn’t decrease when she left her service profession and switched to art. The fan was worried that her … Read more
If you’re like me, you have some days when you’re the queen of your life and get forty-three things done before lunch … and others where changing out of your pajamas is the day’s biggest achievement. This is one of the many reasons I love listening to business-oriented podcasts. You can pick up gems of … Read more
Recently I listened to an interview with Chalene Johnson, who introduced me to a new idea for goal-setting. At first I was skeptical, but when I actually went through Chalene’s steps, it worked! Here’s what she suggested: 1. Set 10 goals. WHAT? TEN goals? That’s too many, isn’t it? Trust Chalene. Write down 10 goals … Read more
- Introverts: 4 Survival Tips for Networking Events
- How Organized Are You?
- Visualize Your Goals with a Vision Board
- What’s Behind the Fear of Failure?
- Don’t Speak Up, Speak In
- The Secret Cost of Pursuing Your Dreams
- Multitasking vs. Unitasking: No Contest
- Do the Work You Were Born to Do
- 6 Questions to Ask When You Don’t Reach Your Goals
- Find Your Passion and a New Career Path, Part 2
- Find Your Passion and a New Career Path
- Is Depression Hiding Your Career Path?
- Procrastination Can Be Productive
- Is It Them or Is it You?
- 4 Motivation Killers and What to Do About Them
- Never Waste a Day Again
- Which Career is Right for You?