Playing by the rules is something good people like to do. But sometimes those rules we play by? Um, they don’t exist.
So this week I thought I’d list a few of the “rules” that conscientious people seem to live by, and pose the question:
Are these really rules? Or are they just fixed ideas that limit us unnecessarily?
- You can’t go into business unless you know accounting (or write up a business plan, or have investors, etc.)
- You can’t call yourself an expert unless you have credentials on paper
- You can’t be self-employed unless you enjoy self-promotion
- You can’t honestly validate someone’s feelings if you don’t agree with them
- You have to say Yes to a friend’s invitation unless you’re legitimately busy
- You can’t be angry or disappointed unless you’re prepared to do something about it
Are you playing by any of these rules? Read More