On your day off, do you feel guilty if you lie in bed all morning?
Do you get up early even when you don’t have to be anywhere, just to avoid feeling lazy?
Do you make yourself do things that aren’t necessary and that don’t affect anyone else, because they’re “the right thing to do”?
If so, you may still be waiting for an imaginary gold star.
As shocking and dismaying as it may seem, there is no gold star for policing your behavior.
So you can safely stop limiting your freedom without giving up the prize.
There is no gold star.
Your life is the prize.
How will you spend it?
Photo courtesy of www.FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017