If you’re nursing a grievance, you’re not alone.
Without a heartfelt apology (which isn’t always available), or even with that apology, sometimes it can take a long time to feel better.
Being wronged is like being injured physically. Healing takes time.
No one expects a broken bone to heal overnight, nor should we expect ourselves to be okay with what happened immediately… or ever.
Assuming you want to reach forgiveness, though, remember that hurt feelings can build on other hurt feelings from the past.
There may be a backlog of emotional “ouch!”es to work through.
The best anyone can do is to create room for forgiveness.
Read these tips on how to do that from my guest post over on WellDoing.org:
Photo courtesy of www.FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017