What are you worried most about right now? Finances? A relationship? Someone’s health? All of those are significant. Trouble with any is worrisome. But as we know, worrying is pointless. It can’t pay the bills, repair a relationship, or heal a disease. But still, we worry. Focus on Feelings If you want to stop worrying, … Read more
I love self-pity. It’s so necessary, because nobody knows how bad things can get for us sometimes like we do. The only problem I can see with self-pity is that we don’t do it enough! “But what about all those self-pitying types who go on and on about what a bum deal they’ve gotten?,” you … Read more
Who is there among us who hasn’t felt the chill of despair at one time or another? With the cold, gray winter enveloping so many of us, I thought this might be a good time to review some emotional survival tips, and underline the happy truth that wallowing in despair can bring rich rewards. There … Read more
You’ve heard me say many times that the reason to let yourself feel bad is so that you can feel better sooner. So how exactly do you do that? It’s one thing to say, “Feel your feelings,” but what exactly does that look like? In essence, it means honoring your real feelings, and yourself, when … Read more
- How to Talk to Yourself When You’re Upset
- “Negative” Feelings and the Law of Attraction
- Early Experience Affects How We Deal With Feelings
- 6 Tips for a Good Cry
- Why Not Get Your Hopes Up?
- Almost All Problems Are Emotional
- What’s So Bad About Feeling Sad?
- Emotional Regulation Is Nonsense
- Is It a Breakdown or a Breakthrough?
- Reconnect with Your Authentic Self
- Are You On Emotional Autopilot?
- What to Do When Your Feelings Are Hurt
- Never Waste a Day Again
- It Takes More Than Time to Heal Emotional Wounds
- 4 Ways Parents Can Help Kids Deal With Feelings
- Don’t Just Talk About Feelings
- Looking on the Bright Side Has Its Limits
- Are You Keeping Secrets From Yourself?
- Why We NEED to Sweat the Small Stuff
- No One Deserves Compassion More Than You Do
- The Truth About Anxiety, Part 2
- The Self-Compassion Cure
- Forgiveness Can’t Be Forced
- WARNING: Positive Thinking May Be Harmful to Your Health
- Go With the Flow of an Unproductive Day
- Life’s Not Fair … And That STINKS!
- The positive power of negative affirmations
- Introducing Constructive Wallowing