If you’ve read any of my other posts categorized under “Constructive Wallowing,” you’ll know how happy and excited I was to read the following post by Tim McAuley.
(It was reblogged by Mary Rogers on her blog, Bipolar Lessons, which is how I came across it.)
In this post, Tim takes on two pieces of common self-help wisdom, “You just have to be positive” and “Just fake it till you make it.”
Tim writes, “Before you can cultivate a positive mindset you must first honor where you are and the journey that brought you here.” He’s so right!
As you may know, I think positive thinking may be harmful to your health for the very reasons Tim gets into; it can separate you from your own experience, cutting you off from your authentic self.
Click on the following link to read Tim’s wonderful post:
Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017