Have you had a good cry lately?
How about a bad one?
Tears can definitely go either way.
Sometimes you feel better when you’re done, but other times you just feel drained.
Not all tears are healing, it seems.
While crying does have some observable physiological benefits, the way you talk to yourself when you’re crying is at least as important as the fact that you’re crying at all.
The trick is to cultivate self-compassion.
Don’t cry in vain. Check out my recent post on PsychologyToday.com:
Photo courtesy of www.FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017