I’m impressed that he knew the word “juniper” before he ever heard of a partridge.
My own experience with The 12 Days of Christmas is that, as much as I respect holiday traditions, this is one that’s fun to monkey with. You can sing about “the 12 days of…” just about anything, making up lyrics to fit the theme.
I guess you wouldn’t want a word with more than 3 syllables or fewer than 2; The 12 Days of Salmon-Fishing probably isn’t going to sound good, and neither is The 12 Days of Golf.
Many more creative people have done it before me, but I couldn’t resist putting my own new spin on this sensational seasonal song.
Here are the lyrics for my rendition: The 12 Days of Psychotherapy
Let me know if you decide to go around singing this in your neighborhood. I want to see the video.
- Stop Worrying Right This Second - September 7, 2018
- Being Generous Drives Business Success (Unless You’re a Woman) - July 20, 2018
- Attribution Theory and Relationship Trouble - May 19, 2018
- Read This ONLY If You’re Easily Embarrassed - April 4, 2018
- Forgiveness is Not a Menu Option - April 8, 2017